By Peter Johnson – June 28th 2010
Everyone loves a summer pool party. Barbecue parties and sunny days by the pool or even just the patio or deck can be great fun and go well into the evening. Are you looking for a way to light up your patio for your party or gathering? Decorating experts consider lighting to be a great accessory to any space either indoor or out and there are lots of ways you can light your backyard deck, patio or poolside area. Having a party requires good lighting, especially a back yard party that will likely go well into the night.
Here are a few ideas to make the party unforgettable.
- Have a beach themed party and buy some Lifeguard Beach Lamps. These are a great option for lighting your patio for summer’s night pool parties. If you are looking for a beach theme, these are a hit! If you put beach lamps around your pool, your guests who get that seat will feel special and the yard will be well lit for the festivities. These great beach lamp chairs look like lifeguard chairs and are pretty wooden seaside or muskoka-like chairs with attached lamps that light the place up with ambience and fun.
- You can also use solar stringed lamps or even solar rock lights (which are wireless) to light your poolside or patio area along side your beach lamps
- Citronella candles or torches will not only light the way for your beach themed party but they will also help keep the biting insects away. No one will enjoy a party if they’re feeling like the main course for the neighborhood insects so make sure you also have insect repellant available for your guests and perhaps a bug light to zap predator insects.
- Floating candles on your pool will add a charm and ambience as will oil or patio lanterns that adorn your canopy or umbrella.
- If you are having a beach themed party, consider the lifeguard beach lamps with plenty of fun beverages that have umbrellas. Fresh platters of fruit and flowers will give your beach themed party a festive atmosphere. Toss a few beach balls around and have out plenty of sand toys too! If you seat your guests in lifeguard chairs with beach lamps and put floral lei around their neck, they will rave about your party for ages.
- Party favors will also help make your guests remember your party. Fun party beverage glasses, a beach ball and a pair of novelty sunglasses will help your guests feel great and have a memento to bring with them.
- Play great beach music like the Beach Boys and other music from the beach blanket bingo era.
Don’t Drink and Drive
Have a place for everyone’s keys if you are serving alcoholic beverages and be ready to call a taxi for anyone who doesn’t have a designated driver to get them home from your beach themed party safely. Even better, make your event a camp-out sleepover to help the fun last until tomorrow where the party can transcend into a brunch or lazy day by the pool.
No related posts.