Are you looking to find your career path in life? How would you like to enter the fast-paced and exciting area of conference and event planning?
Conventions, events and meetings are one of the fastest growing segments of the economy and encompass multiple aspects of all industries. Event planning courses have as an objective to show students a broad range of knowledge and processes, administration skills and practical tools that will assist them in dealing with situations within a conference and event planning related career.
A conference and event planner is a special type of individual. It is essential to carry the qualities of being outgoing, charismatic and certainly energetic. An event planner will play a huge and dynamic role within the organization for which he/she works.
A good conference and event planner program should leave graduates with:
The knowledge and skills necessary to lead and/or assist in the development and/or implementation of conferences and events for a variety of business sectors
An introduction to the most relevant aspects of planning and coordinating event logistics
Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include: negotiating, decision making, teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research and problem solving
- A solid knowledge of event planning and marketing practices and principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Event planning courses will usually involve the following areas of study:
- Business correspondence
- Business essentials, financial management and math
- Business negotiations and contracts
- Business presentations, supervisory skills and verbal communications
- Conference and event management
- Customer service
- Employment success strategies
- Event marketing
- Grammar essentials for business writing
- Human resource management
- Intro to internet
- Job search and resume writing
- Management fundamentals
- Marketing and sales
- Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Publisher, Word and Windows
- Project Management Fundamentals
Graduates of event planning courses can find employment in a varied number of great settings. They find exciting work in the sector of tourism, trade and professional associations. They can also seek employment in convention and conference centers, government agencies and conference and event planning companies.
Careers that event planning courses can lead to include:
- Conference and Meeting Planner
- Conference Planner
- Conference Services Officer
- Convention Coordinator
- Event Planner
- Special Events Organizer
- Trade Show Planner
There’s no reason to shy away from an exciting and new career! Event planning courses can be your ticket to get there!
- Event Planning Courses – What Are the Benefits of Event Planning Courses
- Event Planning Courses, Your Way Into the Exciting World of Nonprofits
- Event Planning Services – Host the best event